- Steam inhalation is one of the most widely used home remedies to soothe and open the nasal passages and get relief from the symptoms of a cold or sinus infection.
- It involves the inhalation of water vapour, moist air is thought to work by loosening the mucus (Kapha).
- Steam throws out the phlegm, which have the ability totake away the hidden dust out in form of phlegm.
- Not only it is beneficial in colds but steam inhalation open up the pores of our skin which decreases the chances of acne and accumulation of dust in these pores.
- Steaming additionally proves to be very useful in issues like bronchial asthma.
- Steam therapy could be a preventive measure to prevent us from seasonal ailments, various dust and pollen allergies, micro-organisms.
- It is advised to add some herbs to your boiling water to double the effects of this therapy.
How to prepare steam for 1 person-
- Take about 1 lit of water in a pan and put it in a flame, let it boil.
- When water starts boiling then add the below-mentioned ingredients to it and turn off the flame.
Ingredients for Steam –
- 2 tbs of carom seeds
- 4-5 crushed cloves
- 4-5 crushed black pepper
- 7-8 basil leaves
- Half ginger extract
- 2-3 drops of lemon
- After adding the ingredients, just close the pan with the lid.
- Let the water to cool down a bit.
How to take steam??
- Then take a fluffy towel.
- Drape it over your head and the pan.
- Keep your head 6 inches above the steam or you can accordingly adjust your head.
- Then take steam.
- Remember if you feel too hot just remove your face and remove towel.
Read Also: Giloy: Benefits And Uses
- Steam inhalation is safe remedy if done right, but it’s very possible to hurt yourself unintentionally if you’re not careful.
- There’s a risk of scalding, if you make contact with the hot water.
- The biggest risk is accidentally knocking over the bowl of hot water into your lap, which can cause severe burns in sensitive areas.
- And also please do this process away from children as they could hurt themselves by the hot water.
Steam inhalation should be a part of our daily regime especially during this pandemic, surely it cannot kill the virus but it’s too beneficial to decrease their actitivity if already affected by the virus.