Best Ayurvedic Hair Oil for Hair Growth: Today lot of options are available in market for Hair oils & it’s really difficult to choose among them. We can’t totally rely on every herbal packaging products just by seeing an “AYURVEDIC, HERBAL OR ORGANIC” tags.
India is known for Ayurveda that relies on herbal treatment.
Hair oils should be an essential part of one’s regular hair care regime because other than Cleansing & Conditioning, your hair also needs an extra nourishment to strengthen the roots & fight against scalp problems, which can be obtained by using hair oils.
Herbal hair oil comes with the goodness of pure organic extracts which helps in nourishing the scalp & further enhancing the quality & quantity of follicles.
Here we have explained some best Natural Hair oils for your hair care routine:-
Best Ayurvedic Hair Oil for Hair Growth
Virgin Coconut Oil:-
The Coconut tree is claimed as the “Lifeline of Health” due to its versatile benefits. Coconut oil are typically available in 2 varities-
b) Refined oil
The main difference between Refined & Virgin Coconut oil lies in the processing & extraction methods.
Virgin coconut oil is prepared from the fresh milk of the coconut & it does not undergo any refining process like the regular coconut oil does. Virgin coconut oil is left unrefined.
- The raw materials & process of extraction of Virgin Coconut oil doesn’t allow any usage of heat. It’s obtained by cold compression method.
- It can also be extracted from fresh coconut by grating and drying it to a moisture content of 10–12%, then using a manual press to extract the oil.
- Producing it from coconut milk involves grating the coconut and mixing it with water, then squeezing out the oil.
- A third option involves using a centrifuge to separate the oil from the other liquids.
- Coconut oil can also be extracted from the dry residue leftover from the production of coconut milk.
Refined Coconut Oil undergoes some additional processing to make it better suited for cooking.
- The process begins with extracting crude oil from fresh Coconut & then it undergoes several processes like Degumming, Neutralising, Bleaching, Deodrizing
- While the resulting coconut oil is more highly processed, it has a higher smoke point of 400–450°F (204–232°C), making it more suitable for cooking rather than for head massage.
- During all these processes, the oil undergoes under extreme heat & lastly Sodium Hydroxide is added to the final product to ensure a longer shelf life of this oil.
- Refined coconut oil is less expensive as compared to Virgin Coconut Oil, but it’s not recommended as it loses all it’s essential nutrients while processing.
Active components –
- Fatty acids, Caprylic acid, Capric acid, Lauric acid, Myristic acid, Palmitic acid, Stearic acid, Oleic acid & Linoleic acid
Benefits of Coconut oil as a Hair oil-
- The Vitamins & Fatty Acids in coconut oil help nourish your scalp and penetrates deep in the cuticle of the hair
- Promotes healthy hair growth
- Moisturizes hair follicles
- Prevents damage of follicles
Organic Sesame Oil-
- Sesame oil is one of history’s most widely and commonly used products for overall health and wellness. Due to it’s benefits & versatility it is termed as “The King of Oils”
- It’s widely used for Abhyanga (Massage) process
- Nourishing, calming, and warming, sesame oil is one of Ayurveda’s most popular oils for self-massage.
- Qualities of Sesame oil according to Ayurveda are- is Sweet, Pungent, Astringent and Bitter with a Ushna virya (Heating Effect)
- It’s rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Copper, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Vitamin B6
Benefits of Sesame oil as a Hair oil-
- Daily head massage with sesame oil promotes lustrous hair
- Prevents premature greying & Baldness
- Strengthen the hair follicles
- Reduces headache
Organic Neem Oil-
- Neem oil is obtained from the seeds of Neem
- This oil is used for many purposes such as an insecticide or a repellent against mites, act as fungicide against root rot, used in skin ailments like Acne, Skin allergies
- It is used to treat problems associated with hair like dandruff, hair fall
- It is also used in ointments to heal scars, burns etc
Azadirachtin, Triterpenoids such as Azadirachtin B, Salannin and Nimbin, are the active ingredients in Neem
Benefits of Neem oil as a Hair oil-
- Neem oil possess Antiseptic, Antiviral, Antibacterial & Antifungal properties which prevents Dandruff, Itching of scalp & Headlices.
- It has regenerative properties that support healthy Cell division & stimulate hair follicle growth.
- Regular application of the Neem oil promotes thicker, stronger & more luxurious hair growth.
- Treats scalp infections or any fungal growth on scalp.
- It’s also beneficial in premature greying of hair.
- Ayurveda describes many useful herbs for hair. Among all of them, Bhringraj is considered as the “King of Herbs”
- The synonyms of Bhringraj in Ayurveda are-
- “Keshraj”- meaning Kesho (Hair) ka Raja.
- “Markava”- which prevents premature greying of hair.
- “Keshranjan”- which enhances natural color of hair.
- Bhringraj oil is derived from the leaves of the Bhringraj plant & is a main ingredient of many herbal hair oils.
Active Components of Bhringraj-
- Rich in Nutrients such as Iron, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Polypeptides, Steroids Calcium, Vitamin D.
Benefits of Bhringraj as a Hair Oil-
- Penetrates deep into the scalp & prevents dryness.
- Strengthen Hair follicles.
- Prevents Hair fall.
- It’s leaves are used to obtain black dye, which is used for coloring hair.
- Prevents Premature greying of hair.
Organic Sweet Almond Oil-
- Almond oil has been used for centuries to soothe the skin and treat minor wounds and cuts.
- It has been used in ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic practices to treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Almond oil is a light yellowish transparent oil obtained from dry Almonds. There are many types of Almonds available but mainly Sweet & Bitter almonds are used for oil extraction.
- The oil is generally extracted form cold pressing method.
Active Components of Almond Oil-
- Oleic acid, Linoleic acid, Palmitic acid and Palmitoleic acid, Stearic acid
- Rich source of vitamin E, Magnesium, Phosphorus & Copper.
- Contains omega-3 fatty acids
Benefits of Almond Oil as a Hair Oil-
- It’s rich in vitamin B7 or Biotin, so Almond oil helps to keep hair and nails healthy and strong.
- It also helps to protects hair from Sun’s harmful UV rays
- Softens Hair strands
- Nourishes the scalp
Hairsol Herbal Hairoil-
Hairsol Herbal Hair Oil is a purely organic hair oil that consists of extracts of more than 20 natural herbs which are blend in Coconut, Almond & Sesame oil which is inspired by Ayurveda
- Regular applying this hair oil – Promotes healthy hair growth, Strengthens hair follicles, Provides natural shine to hair, Prevents Premature greying of hair, Reduces Hair fall, Dandruff & other scalp conditions.
- SLS & Paraben free product
- No side effects on skin or scalp
- Suitable for Men & Women of all ages
- Can be applied to chemically treated hair also
Hair are precious to everyone be it a male or a female, they need to be nurtured with care. Due to excessive Water & Air pollution, exposure to harmful UV radiations of the sun, increasing stress, lifestyle disorders etc – all these factors could lead to hair damage & problems related to it.
Choose your products wisely be it skincare or a hair care.