Botanical name:- Eclipta alba
Hindi name:- Bhringraj
English name: – False daisy
Sanskrit names:- Kesh Ranjan, Keshraj
- It contains various phytochemicals such as Coumestans, Polypeptides, Polyacetylenes, Thiophene derivatives, Steroids, Sterols, Triterpenes and Flavonoids.
- It also contains vitamin E, vitamin D, magnesium, calcium, iron
Read Also: Best Brand of Hair Oil in India
Benefits of Bhringraj
Bhringraj for hair:-
- Bhringraj oil has amazing benefits, it helps to prevent hair fall, premature graying of hair and split ends. It helps in strengthening hair roots, promotes hair growth and good for overall hair care, it provides nourishment to the scalp.
- Bhringraj also contains vitamin E, which is known to fight free radicals that can impede hair growth.
- Bhringraj oil has antimicrobial and antifungal properties that can help reduce dandruff. The oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help psoriasis or other skin irritations on the scalp. It is also said to improve circulation to the scalp.
Bhringraj as a Rasayan:-
It is considered a Rasayana and helps in rejuvenating the body.
Bhringraj is good for healthy functioning of liver. Liver is the main site of metabolism of body and this herb is used to improve liver metabolism. It provides strength to liver and cures liver disorders and promotes overall liver health. It helps in the process of digestion and reduces undigested food.